Swan Hunter are currently looking for a Project Engineer to work within our Newcastle upon Tyne (UK) or Rotterdam/Vlissingen (The Netherlands) offices.
Your focus is on project preparation, such as project execution plans, method statements, project planning, proposal preparation, request for quotations, working procedures and offshore/on-site engineering support for our projects. The role will involve working in office and offshore/on-site. A potential growth path would be towards project manager.
- Tender and proposals, including tender preparation, bid qualifications/work plans/clarifications and budgets
- Project engineering, including preparation of engineering planning, installation methodologies, preparing project-related drawings, develop analysis & procedures, prepare material take-offs & requirements, prepare & control inspection & test plans, assist during the execution phase of the project
- Project management, including preparation of project planning & execution plans
- Field engineering, including support during the execution phase of the project, status updates on the progress of work, prepare engineering close-out reports, provide feedback on working methods & guidelines
- Equipment, including preparation of specifications, preparation request for quotations, subcontractor management, supervision during equipment construction, preparation & collating as-built documentation
- BSc or MSc in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Offshore Engineering or similar
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience, preferably in offshore oil & gas or renewables industries
- Good command of the English (written and spoken) and Dutch (preference) language
- Solid organisational skills with attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with a willingness to travel and work internally and offshore
- Experience with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
Please send us your resume and motivation e-mail/letter to email@example.com.
If your application makes a good first impression, we will invite you for an interview with a Recruiter, Project Manager and/or one of the other Project Engineers you would be working with. If the interview goes well, we will plan a second interview or offer you a role. All applications will receive a response within 14 days from their application. Please do not ring our office for feedback.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.